Michael holds over twenty years experience providing psychotherapy in the Alaskan environment. His interest has developed into a specialty in treating depression, anxiety, phobias and PTSD.
He provides stress management and autogenic relaxation techniques to patients with a variety of backgrounds.
Michael understands the demands of military life having served as a counselor for the military at Ft. Richardson. He then provided direct services in Adolescent and Adult Mental Health and Substance Abuse Units in Anchorage Hospitals. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, and his Master of Science in Adult Education and Marital/Family Therapy from the University of Alaska.
Michael’s special interest is in Mind-Body Medicine; the interactions among the brain, mind, body and behavior, as well as on the powerful ways in which emotional, mental, social, spiritual and behavioral factors can directly affect health. Of himself he says, “As a life long learner, I’ve spent most of my adult life searching out therapies that produce results, providing patients with the greatest range of freedom and choice for their lives”.
- Alaska State Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Master Practitioner & Trainer Associate of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Nationally Certified Master Addiction Counselor (NAADAC- MAC)
- Certified Hypnotherapist (C.Ht.)
- Certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner (EFT Cert-I)
- Certified Projective Dream Therapist (MIPD)
- Diplomate, Comprehensive Energy Psychology (D.CEP)
- U.S. Army Academy of Health Sciences, Ft. Sam Houston, Texas, Behavioral Sciences Graduate – 1988
- University of Alaska Anchorage
Bachelor of Arts – Psychology – 1993
Master of Science – Interdisciplinary Studies
Adult Education and Marital / Family Therapy – 1998
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Family Systems
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Diplomate of Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP)