Professional Skills 1
October 4-5, 2014 Anchorage
12 CE HOURS AVAILABLE FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS, SOCIAL WORKERS AND COUNSELORS
- Learn a simple, flexible and powerful approach to swiftly improve the functioning and well-being of your clients.
- Discover an evidence-supported* method of combining energy work with effective psychotherapy and coaching that provides rapid relief from trauma and negative emotions.
- Be at the forefront of a mental healthcare movement that deepens practitioner self-care and improves client self-efficacy.
WHAT ARE EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUES (EFT)?
Often referred to as “tapping,” EFT is a highly focused, evidence-supported energy psychology (EP) approach that rapidly releases the emotional impact of stressful or traumatic life events from the mind-body system. Trapped negative emotions and their related energy disruptions are at the heart of hyper-arousal, inhibited functioning and performance, emotional disorders, and even some physical diseases.
As clients bring their attention to specific distressing memories and symptoms, practitioners walk them through a process of specific statements and tapping on acupuncture meridian points. This activation appears to reduce levels of stress while stimulating natural healing and processing functions.
After a session, clients commonly report reductions in symptoms, new insights, cognitive and emotional shifts. Using specific patterns of inquiry, practitioners continue this process through different associations and “aspects” of the distress until the client experiences deep relief, usually within a single session (per issue addressed).
EFT is such a straight forward approach to healing that the basic procedure can easily be taught to clients (even children) as a self-help and self-management tool. More sophisticated versions are valuable clinical tools in the hands of well-trained therapists and practitioners. Both approaches are taught in this hands-on workshop.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Forward-thinking psychologists, social workers, therapists, life and wellness coaches, massage therapists, teachers of energetic self-care, counselors and helping professionals who:
- Are looking for state-of-the-art therapy using the mind-body connection
- Want to bring rapid, deep and lasting relief to clients
- Want to successfully treat PTSD in as few as 6 sessions
- Understand that the healing relationship is necessary, but not always sufficient for true healing
- Enjoy using active and focused therapeutic approaches with their clients
- Want to significantly increase the value of their practice by providing a service for which clients are willing to pay out-of-pocket
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN EFT PS1
- EFT theory and science
- The Basic EFT Recipe
- Using Basic EFT for emotional and physical issues
- How to discover the many “aspects” of an upsetting memory
- Working with specific events
- How to start using EFT in your practice
- Ethics of EFT practice
- Tell-the-Story Technique
- Personal Peace Procedure
This workshop is designed with hands-on learning to facilitate mastery of the skills you need to start using EFT immediately in your practice and your life.
Even skilled EFT practitioners who took this workshop discovered that it was deeply helpful to them in solidifying their understanding and filling in gaps from their previous training.
Continuing Education Credit
Each workshop provides 12 hours of continuing education for psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists, drug counselors and nurses.
The ACEP is a nationally approved provider for:
American Psychological Association (APA)
Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB, 1048)
National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC, 5868)
National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC, 368)